SUMMARY: The Supervisor is responsible for making sure that press, tapping and/or welding operations support the timing and quality requirements of Wico’ s customers on his or her shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Follow the production schedule.
· Maintain production records.
· Report shortage of MRO (Maintenance, Repair, & Operation) items to support production.
· Enforce the following of good safety and housekeeping practices.
· Report material shortages to the Plant Manager/Superintendent.
· Communicate procedures and instructions for the department and orient and train new employees.
· Oversee and schedule preventive maintenance and repairs.
· Participate in customer meetings as necessary.
· Verify that the proper personnel are available to support first piece approvals and that they are correctly done. Sign off on first piece approvals, process set-ups.
· Assign work to maintenance people, verify that the paperwork is completed correctly.
· Support the Plant Manager and Superintendent and communicate production problems.
· QMS/EMS responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: General knowledge:
· Knowledge of QS-9000, TS-16949 & ISO-14001 requirements as applied to the department.
· Shop Math.
· Measuring Tools.
· Basic Computing Skills.
· Communication Skills.
· Knowledge of OSHA and MIOSHA requirements as applied to the department.
· Certification of Storm Water Industrial Site Operator
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 5-years experience in automotive manufacturing.
· Candidate must possess good communication skills, have the ability to train fellow employees and communicate ideas to others.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Storm Water Management Operator Certification from the State of Michigan, Department of Environmental Quality, as deemed necessary by the Plant Manager or VP of Operations.
· Powered Industrial Truck Permit
· Overhead Crane Permit