HSE Coordinator / Production. Supv.
This position contributes to the company’ s success by having a thorough understanding of the day to day responsibilities of all aspects of the Company’ s Safety and Environmental issues; also understanding the forging, sawing and hot work operations. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform safety indoctrination of both new hires and experienced employees. Train all employee’ s in safety procedures, regulations and standards and applicable OSHA standards.
- Perform safety audits for all facilities on a monthly basis. Maintain awareness of OSHA & MIOSHA requirements and changes.
- Conduct accident investigations in conjunction with management personnel.
- Manage all the activities related to environmental compliance, regulatory permitting, hazardous waste handling and waste reduction/recycling programs.
- Coordinate with corporate safety personnel to ensure compliance with all policies and maximize utilization of resources.
- Must organize and assign work to utilize skills, knowledge and experience of employees.
- Schedules the work for all departments at assigned plant.
- Select the proper stock for the job.
- Make sure production and maintenance personnel communicate to ensure job completion.
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, scheduling and termination of employees.
- Must train employees.
- Communicate and follow-up with sales personnel and other departments as deemed necessary.
- Other job duties as required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of OSHA and MIOSHA standards
- Knowledge of forging and saw operations
- Knowledge of a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of previous safety training background
- 3 - 5 years of experience in steel forging
- Previous supervisory experience
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 25#, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.