28850 Cabot Drive, Suite 1300 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Position: Design Engineer
Purpose of the Job
This position will provide service for USA OEMs. Going from concept design received to freeze design and responsible for design changes in further phases throughout the project life circle.
- Lead technical reviews meeting with OEM in project quotation phase.
- Design of air outlet components with 3D modeling, 2D drawing, DFMEA, materials selection, verification & validation, manufacturability & serviceability.
- Coordinate and manage other CAD team members to achieve customer and internal design deadlines.
- Know and can communicated technical problem as mold flow, tooling, CAE with OEM.
- Consult with China engineering team regarding technical feasibility, offer solutions to problems, and present results of development projects.
- Coordinate regular review meeting with OEM and submit meeting minute, design progress reports, schedules, upcoming deliverables and technical solutions.
- Develop innovative concepts for new projects.
- Design and release of components in the OEM data system environment, for example team center.
- Responsible for documentation and review of component design specification, design guides & templates.
- Capitalize experience from the design project through lessons learned process.
- Share benchmark information with China development team.
- Report to Design Manager at NA Office.
- 60% CAD work and 40% Engineer work
- BSE/MSE or below BSE in Mechanical Engineering or Plastics, excellent plastics tooling knowledge preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in HVAC/thermal design with OEM in automotive. Must have air outlet design experience.
- Have charge air cooler ducts design experience is a plus.
- Must know FCA, GM, Ford well.
- Team player with communication and coordination skills, executive ability.
- Excellent English language skill – both written and oral.
- Knowledge of CAD methodology, skilled with UG NX and CATIA, UG NX is a priority.
- In-depth knowledge of APQP, DFMEA, GD&T, DVP, Tolerance Stack-up, reliability engineering and plastics.