This position contributes to the company’ s success by having a thorough understanding of consistent and reliable programming and operation of CNC machining equipment. Accountable for developing and implementing new part programs for CNC machining operations. Individual will also be required to modify existing programs to achieve optimal performance in cost, quality, tool life, speeds, feeds, depth of cut, etc. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews shop orders and drawings to determine machining specifications and requirements.
- Enters computer commands to retrieve stored parts data and programs.
- Creates part programs which calculates and codes machine controlling criteria.
- Responsible for communicating to department members part program set-up and machining; use of work holding fixtures; building, loading, indicating and touching off tooling, etc.
- Monitors and changes cutting tools(inserts) as needed
- Performs dimensional inspection of product as required.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of CNC machining equipment.
- Knowledge of multiple types of Computer Numerical Control processes (machining, programming set up and operation)
- Knowledge of program writing software and ability to upload and download.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 25#, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.