3104 Creytes Howell, Michigan 48843
1st shift position: 7am to 3: 30pm
- Utilizing company’s information system to optimize customer’s investment.
- Identifying process improvements that increase productivity, decrease downtime, and produce significant on-going cost savings.
- Create and maintain effective relationships and provide customer responsiveness (this generally involves investigating situations and/ or performing data analysis to generate the information requested by the customer; make good things happen and empathize with the customer’s sense of urgency).
- Lower company’s operating costs by improving internal processes and procedures.
- Perform special projects and other work as needed or requested.
- Performs all Job Functions in accordance to Company Handbooks, Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions and Safety Protocol.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answer all incoming phone calls.
- Work in conjunction with Material Handler to examine shippers, invoices, and work orders to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipments.
- Prepare Material Receipt for incoming shipments.
- Print SSQ descriptions of items received from vendors.
- Verify SSQ and Olimpic part descriptions match
- Determine best shipping method for items (FedEx, truck, etc.), using knowledge of shipping procedures.
- Prepare documents, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route items.
- Contact carrier to make arrangements for shipping items.
- Record shipment data in binders and Excel for record keeping purposes.
- Build new parts in Inventory Management Systems (SSQ, Symix and Olimpic).
- Download pictures into proper files and upload to items in SSQ
- Make tags for items.
- Receipt and disburse items using Inventory Management Systems (SSQ, Symix and Olimpic).
- Make adjustments in Inventory Management Systems, such as Misc. Issue of Pallet Tags as directed.
- Special projects as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Keep work areas neat, orderly and free of safety hazards.
- Participate in team and company meetings.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to use Inventory Management Systems (SSQ, Symix and Olimpic).
- Ability to take direction.
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Communicate information effectively to internal and external customers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be computer literate and possess demonstrated written/verbal interpersonal skills.
- MRO/Purchasing/Inventory knowledge is a plus.
- High School Diploma.
- College is a plus
- Lift Truck license is a plus
- Prior Crane Operation is a plus
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/297012