1045 Durant Detroit, Michigan 48209
To ensure inventory accuracy through receiving, storing, and shipping of materials. Works closely with Sales and Buyers to identify new parts and add to inventory system to maintain part correctness. The individual must have strong data entry skills. Someone who drives a hi-lo, but has limited computer capabilities will not work well for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives inbound material, verifying part accuracy, quantity, and quality.
- Works with buyers to resolve inbound material discrepancies.
- Stores material in an optimal location taking into account size and safety.
- Works closely with sales to process and prepare material for shipment.
- Ships material requested by the customer.
- Processes returned material from the customer back into the system and storage.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Must have basic math, computer and communication skills.
• MRO/warehousing and inventory knowledge a plus, but not required.
• Must have a valid driver’ s license and must be insurable by employer’ s insurance carrier
• Ability to problem solve
• Must have basic computer skills including Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively, written and oral.
• Prepares and maintains required documentation from day to day operations.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
A background check and drug screening is required