Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Unloading trucks, checking in materials, matching purchase orders to sales orders.
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shinned.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, style, color, or product code.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shinning department.
- May drive work vehicle or truck to nick or deliver material.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to read a tape measure, calipers and a digital scale.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to work overtime as required with or without advanced notice.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs continuously and 50 lbs occasionally throughout an entire 8, I0, or 12 hour shift.
- Ability to stand throughout an entire 8, 10, or 12 hour shift.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Qualifications and Skills Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year experience working in an industrial setting.
- Previous experience operating a forklift. Standing, reaching, grasping, climbing, twisting, pushing and pulling objects, crouching, sitting, viewing a computer monitor, lifting up to 35 lbs continuously and 50 lbs several times throughout a shift, bending, stooping and walking.