• Open shop in the morning. Coordinatestartup.
• If applicable coordinate crossover of day and afternoon shift employees to ensure continuousproduction
• Provide a strong floor presence and understanding of the processes adequate to set the example for others to follow.
• Responsible for the leadership of the production crew with regards to safety, quality, efficiency and consistent application of best practices and adherence to ISO 900 Istandards.
• Handle day-to-day production documentation, ensuring its accuracy and timely input into required reportingsystems.
• Provide training to shift personnel to make sure all employees have the tools necessary for optimum performance.
• Assist in hiring new shopemployees.
• Utilize data systems to identify areas of opportunity for continuousimprovement.
• Coodinate all safety initiatives and policies within the facility to ensure all safety goals and objectives are met, maintaining a safe work environment for allemployees.
• Ensure that all products produced meet or exceed customerspecifications.
• Effectively and consistently enforce workplace rules, policies andprocedures .
• Handle routine issues with regards to employee relations with HRsupport
• Plan, manage, and execute departmental operating plans and tactical operations, including scheduling, crew assignments, andovertime.
• Demonstrate commitment to servicing the customer. Work with internal and external (when applicable) customers and suppliers to communicate expectations andpriorities.
• Develop, implement, and maintain current standard work flow policies, procedures, work orders, production and shipping schedules, for shop staff working with management, engineering, quality, and other staff toimplement.
• Work with engineering and processing to assist in creating and implementing job processing, tooling, set up, tool selection and toolsheets.
• Develop, implement, report, andmaintain Leanand5sprogramsandpractices.
• Other duties as needed to meet business objectives.