- Assembles, tests and adjusts complete watch movements according to specifications, using watchmaker's tools.
- Inspects movement for accuracy, diagnoses cause of defects and replaces defective parts.
- Make quick and accurate troubleshooting decisions.
- Quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions to perform various tasks
- Move hands and arms together to grasp, manipulate, or assemble small objects.
- Arrange items or actions in a certain order for pattern according to a specific sequence or set of rules.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Concentrate on a task over long periods of time without being distracted.
- Other responsibilities will be assigned.
- Best eyes in the industry. 20 / 20 vision or corrected 20/20 vision. Have the ability to see details at close range.
- Exceptional attention to detail. Able to notice tiny defects: scratches, spots, rust, lint, hair, tarnished metal, dents, deformations, marks on pieces the size of a quarter or smaller.
- Passing a dexterity test or similar will be required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years of relevant experience working as a Line Assembler of small parts or components or similar capacity, preferred
- Experience in the watch industry or inspecting small components and/or parts is highly desired.
Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. I you need assistance on an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.