2525 Clark Street Detroit, Michigan 48209
To provide the labor, skill, and knowledge in performing surface preparation for coating applications per job specifications. Preparation and applications of coatings per job applications.
Pay Range: $12-$15/hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation and maintenance of all applicable equipment.
- Evaluate surface preparation to assure accuracy and compliance to SSPC Codes
- Apply coatings to wet mils necessary to achieve the dry mils required by the job specifications
- Knowledgeable of different types of coatings and applicable methods
- Knowledgeable of environmental rules and regulation
- Use of grinders, sanders, and overhead cranes as needed
- Read and layout work orders to receive instructions form supervisor regarding cleaning
- Reading piece mark numbers
- Need to know SSPC Codes
- Other duties may be assigned
Education/Experience includes high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or 12 months of experience. Equipment used may include, but is not limited to use of sprayer and air compressor
Specialized knowledge & skills
- Language Skills; ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Mathematical skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Reasoning; ability to apply common sense understand to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving many concrete variables
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations; None
While performing this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs. the employee must occasionally push and/or pull a maximum force of 200 ft-lb. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust to focus. Close mental and visual applications required to interpret drawings, layout, plan work, and weld. Good judgement in determining best method and procedure to be followed. Able to work on jobs while applying safety rules at all times.