Electrical Controls Engineer
14555 Barber Ave Chesterton, IN 46304
POSITION/TITLE: Electrical Controls Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION: Individual must be able to perform design, engineering and field start up responsibilities for System Integration in the Electrical Controls industry. In addition, proven trouble shooting skills are necessary.
• RSLogix 5, 5000
• RS Networx for DeviceNet, ControlNet, EtherNet IP
• DriveExecutive, DriveExplorer
• PanelBuilder PDS, 1400e, 32
• RSView Studio
• Microsoft Office Suite
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 25% travel minimum, domestic and international opportunities
• AS, BSEE, BSEET, or technical degree
• 3 – 5 years of industry experience
• Review projects including quotes, job specifications and resolve any quote to job specifications
• System Architecture including non-standard material and control panel power requirements/distribution.
• Review specifications and standard practices – inclusive of the internal hardwired and logic
standards, general specifications and scope of work.
• Design requirements which include establishing non-standard designs, generating system map
layouts, generating a sequence of operations, reviewing cycle time studies and dimension switch
layouts, generation of design packages, design logic, enter logic, and the design of Smart
• Material responsibility includes advance material order, specifying Mod Box material, specifying
Panel material, writing Mod Box EBMs and writing panel material EBMs.
• Assisting with installation
• Debugging with no additional support
• Launch and Standby
• Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere