Die Setter / Material Handler
22475 Venture Dr Novi, Michigan 48375
Purpose of the Position: Mold change overs as well as material handling needs.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Changing injection molds as per scheduled in a safe and efficient manor
- Operation of overhead crane and hi-lo on a daily basis
- Fully set up jobs and make ready to start(instructions, packaging, materials, ETC)
- Daily audit of all lines to ensure the quality of production
- Maintain material flow to all machines, dryers, mixers, and grinders
- Record finished production and move into the designated Quality check area
- Assist the shift leader with any and all breaks
- Cleaning and organizing of injection department and tool cart
- Work any shift and Saturdays as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very organized and motivated.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of injection tools and parts
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Working knowledge of molding machines, overhead cranes, and injection tools.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in automotive industry, preferably with high volume manufacturing.
- Minimum of two years on the job experience.
- Crane operator license preferred
- Hi-Lo license preferred
- Valid driver’ s license required.
- Speaking, reaching, grasping, pushing and pulling objects, operating crane and Hi-Lo, Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, standing for 8 hrs, working with hand tools.