CNC Machine Operator
2525 Clark Street Detroit, MI 48209
Form material by operation of CNC machines and equipment such as Beam Line Machine and Angle Master.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret blueprints, shop drawings, and other company drawings
- Operate heavy steel fabrication machinery according to company requirements
- Load and unload equipment manually or using overhead crane
- Perform daily preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot, properly mark materials
- Perform daily cleaning of machines
- Locate parts and supplies for machine operation
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12 months experience; completion of a closely-related vocational training course through an accredited school may substitute for the required experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Language skills; ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Mathematical skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Reasoning; ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form
Equipment generally used includes, but is not limited to, overhead cranes, forklifts and hand grinders.
While performing this job the employee is constantly required to stand, stoop, kneel, walk, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee occasionally lifts and/or move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust to focus. Close mental and visual applications required to interpret drawings, layout, and plan work. Good judgement in determining best method and procedure to be followed. Able to work on jobs while applying safety rules at all times.