Tech Position/Help Desk
New Hudson, Michigan
Need dependable, hard working person with experience in the following areas.
- General computer maintenance (Virus/Spyware removal, HD/Memory upgrades, software upgrades) --- Call center support - Receiving, processing and prioritize support calls from users regarding computer, software and internet connections
- Computer hardware setup and support
- Firewall/Router support and maintenance
- Participate in IT related projects such as software/hardware deployments and wiring installs
- Install network lines with termination to a patch panel, RJ-45 male, or Cat5e female end.
- Maintain departmental documentation on PCs, work orders, software, inventory, and other paperwork required
- Stay current with relevant technology that could be beneficial
- Ability to install software, deploy and upgrade operating systems, clone disks, upgrade various drivers and troubleshoot network components.
- Assist our technical team with the installation, configuration, upgrade, support and administration of existing Windows Server network environment: servers, PCs, laptops, drives, printers and other peripherals, network equipment (wireless access points, switches, firewalls, DVR) and other environmental resources
-Must have experience troubleshooting and correcting PC hardware and software issues
-General understanding of computers, both hardware & software and strong understanding of Microsoft operating systems (XP, Vista/7/10) and Microsoft Office (2000 - Current)
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involving, but not limited to: hardware, software and internet connections
- Ability to troubleshoot common networking problems and has knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.) for LANs and WANs
-Strong analytical & problem solving skills with the ability to research problems and see them through to completion
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
-Detail oriented, with demonstrated ability to organize, maintain documentation and complete multiple or repetitive tasks
-Flexibility in taking on new work assignment and responsibilities
Must be able to configure servers to specs and be able to answer customer questions on technical issues for any of our hardware and software sales. OS installation, hardware and software trouble shooting, technical knowledge of servers.
• Health/Dental offered after 90 days of employment
• Casual dress