Software Test Engineer
Rochester Hills, Michigan
SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Health insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Vision and dental insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Life, Accident, & Disability insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Winner of the " Cool Places to Work in Michigan" award and " Best Places to Work for Millennials" award
The VQS Release Engineer / Software Test Engineer is responsible for the planning, specification, execution and documentation of software tests on electronics, for functional system tests and for the system integration tests of the mechanics-electronics interface. She/He is the central contact person for the customer related to software qualification, and agrees with the customer and the software engineer on the testing strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines the testing strategy in agreement with the customer and the software engineers
- Writes the test specifications and protocols
- Implements automated test environments
- Tests the software according to test specifications
- Participates in problem identification and solution management
- Communicates and agrees with the testing departments of the customers
- Manages the tests, including planning, execution, control and reporting of test results
- Reviews and prepares related documents as specified in PKit
- Performs internal and external customer satisfaction surveys and manages corrective actions to achieve continues improvements.
- Complies with TS16949 policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of automotive mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of software testing methods and testing tools
- Ability to identify weak points and risks
- Knowledge using Vector tools.
- Proficiency in the use of PC' s for data collection, plotting, report writing, etc.
- Willingness and ambition to work under pressure, meet schedules and maintain a high level of accountability.
- Ability to interact with customers, suppliers and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Objective and constructive assessment skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be detailed results oriented, and accurate.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Ability to operate in an absolute trustworthy manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with professionalism, ease and high accountability.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a B.S. in E.E, Electronics & Communications or equivalent degree, plus a minimum of 1-3 years applicable experience as Software testing & Validation Engineer. Must be fluent in English. Spanish and/or German language skills a plus.