Software Engineer (Innovation Collaboration Research)
San Mateo, California
Job description: Software Engineer (Innovation Collaboration Research)
Who are we?
Our team works at the intersection of vehicle Automation, Human-Machine-Interfaces, and Connectivity with the exhilarating mission of defining the future of smart mobility experiences. As a team we dream, we do, we learn, and if we don’t know we ask. We discover new technologies, establish relationships with potential partners and customers, develop in-vehicle prototype, and engineer the future!
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for driven, creative, and technically savvy individuals to join the Innovation and Collaborative Research team in San Mateo, CA.
As a Software Engineer you bring
- Experience with automotive systems and networks (e.g. CAN, LIN, Ethernet)
- Demonstrated collaboration with other teams across different stages of software development
- Strong skill level developing software for embedded devices using C/C++
- Working experience with communication technologies such as TCP/IP, BLE, WiFi, etc
- Ability to learn SDKs and develop on proprietary and open platforms (e.g., Leap Motion, Intel RealSense, Arduino, Rasberry Pi, etc.)
- Ability to quickly prototype applications for ad-hoc concepts
- Ability to clearly communicate on technical topics with non-technical colleagues and across levels in organization
- Experience authoring technical description documents and specifications
- Curiosity to learn new skills and also to find solutions to complex problems
What would be nice to have?
- Working experience with automotive perception sensors (e.g. camera systems, ultrasonics, radar, etc)
What’s in it for you?
- Learn and work on emerging technologies and research activities in various domains
- Opportunity to collaborate with startups, strategic partners, and/or vehicle manufacturers developing cutting edge projects
- Showcase projects in demo vehicles, at major technology and motor show events, and to customers.
- Potential of concepts making it into production as a product or service offering to vehicle manufacturers
- Collaborate with a talented global team including through domestic and international travel (10-15%)
- Work in a startup environment within an established organization
- Family benefits, 401k, educational assistance, and more!
- Multi-cultural and outstanding team!
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/247334