Shipping and Receiving Team Member
Auburn Hills, Michigan
We need a shipping/receiving team member as soon as possible and are offering $13/hr., $14 if the candidate is highly qualified. The hours would be 8: 30am-5pm, Monday through Friday. See below for the job description. The essential skills are the ability to drive a high-lo and to navigate our PLEX system software for shipping/receiving and be able to endure a large amount of physical strain due to the nature of job (lifting, etc.)
Team member must be trained in shipping and receiving procedures prior to being released to floor. Ship/Rec Team Leader will insure training takes place, individual record of training is completed and signed off, and team member is ready to take on responsibilities of position.
Receives, stores, and distributes material, equipment, and products within the shipping and receiving area by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping areas.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards and shipping requirements.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or inventory tickets.
- Drives forklift to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Understands and enforces all safety rules and environmental procedures in plant.
Must have a valid state drivers license and forklift operators license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.