Shipping and Receiving Associate
We are looking for a shipping/receiving person at a Detroit location. The pay range will be $13-15 per hour.
The candidate must be able to complete a satisfactory background check.
The job requirements are as follows:
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Must be able to pass a hi-lo operator test
- Ability to unload truckloads of pipe and other miscellaneous steel pieces (i.e. non-palleted, large materials)
- Verifying receipt of materials by matching shipping documents to deliveries via visual inspection. Completion of receipt transactions in accounting software.
- Entering work orders in accounting software for jobs to be shipped.
- Create electronic UPS and Fed-Ex labels.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Possess people and communication skills to act as a liaison between the shop and office.
- Follow up with purchase orders and communicate with purchasing department.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good with numbers