Seal Repair Technician
Oak Park, Michigan
Perform repairs to existing parts by executing industry standard repair techniques. Measure and evaluate existing parts for suitability of operation in various types of mechanical seals and related items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for the identification, measurement, and repair work required to repair all types of mechanical sealing equipment. This will include the selection of the types of materials required.
- Responsible for providing accurate records, reports and drawings of repairs. This information will be submitted in a legible condition in a timely manner.
- Must properly operate and regularly maintain the tools and equipment of the trade.
- Shall assist other technicians as well.
- Shall be willing to work overtime hours should conditions arise. Overtime may be in shop or in the field. Out of town stay may be required.
- Schedule and perform regular safety checks of all equipment in the seal repair shop area, including fire extinguishers and alarm systems.
- Shall perform all assigned tasks in a timely manner and shall work in a manner consistent with safety of self and others at all times.
- Make regular inspections of the building and equipment assigned to him/her during the week.
- Shall achieve self-improvement by attending training sessions, in-service and workshops conducted by Pro-Seal and/or other approved agencies.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Must work in accordance with the principals and procedures outlined in the QPI manual.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency in the operation of seal repair equipment is required. Knowledge and experience in the tooling and measuring instruments required for this work is also essential.
- Applicant must provide or be willing to obtain his/her own basic tools in a suitable tool box and be familiar with their use and calibration.
- Two (2) years’ experience preferred.
- Must be able to follow written/verbal directions from Seal Repair Facility Supervisor or the respective designee where applicable.
- Ability to stay organized, work productively and efficiently is required.
- Must have pleasant and courteous manner and be able to relate well to customers, vendors, Pro-Seal employees and all groups using the building.
- Must display knowledge and initiative in maintaining safe and clean conditions in and around the shop area.
- Must be able to maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Must be willing to obtain a chauffeur’s driver’s license; DOT safety card
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/185439