Bachelor Degree in engineering
5 to 10 years’ experience as quality engineer, resident engineer, supplier quality engineer
- Develop and establish a close and strong relationship with customer key contacts
- Initiate preliminary investigation of suspect products reported at customer location or at the sorting company
- Keep track of all customer complains disputed/voided (Quality Concerns tracking FORMAT rev 1.0 Sep 15 2014)
- Prepare initial customer complain report using “ Failure analysis checklist” (QAPF-013-002- Failure Analysis Checklist rev 03-June 18 2015), including pictures of concern and A-B-A results and communicate to all organizations involved (Manufacturing, Quality, Design, etc.). Distribution list to be defined along with site Quality coordinator and site Quality manager
- Ships back suspect product(s) to the manufacturing plant or any other location for root cause investigation. Samples must be ship back via overnight so parts arrive as soon as possible.
- Initiate, implement and drive containment actions at customer location, this includes training and supervision of inspectors of sort and method criteria, part marking and part tracking. Use as guide the “ Sorting Activities Checklist” (Sorting activity Check list rev 1.0 Sep 15 2014)
- Establish a clean point at customer location, communicate clean point to all involved organizations including the customer
- Coordinate the segregation and disposal (scarp, ship back to manufacturing plant and/or rework) of the faulty or suspicious product.
- Coordinate implementation of clean point with countermeasure/certified parts supplied by manufacturing plant.
- End inspection activity with customer’ s concurrence.
- Follow up 8D completion with manufacturing plant, review 8D and provide feedback before final submission to customer.
- Dispute any discrepancies with customer until quality records reflect accurate results.
- Monitor quality of this company products at customer site
- Communicate any potential issues to all organizations involved
- Implement proactive actions to prevent potential problems from becoming real problems at customer site, this includes any customer activities that may potentially affect the product.
- Identify areas for improvement to product based on knowledge of customer’ s operation.
- Coordinate trial runs at customer location
- Coordinate Yard Campaigns as requested by the customer and approved by the affected this company site quality coordinator and quality manager.
- Support product launch activities at customer location Support and represent This company at any supplier activities/events required by Customer
- Escalate issues to either customer or/and upper management following internal escalation process.
- The resident engineer should publish on a weekly basis an activities report. The report should contain:
- a) Pride points (NCT, QR, PRR, successfully disputed/voided)
- b) Sorting activities results
- c) PPM data for the week
- d) Critical Points
- Dispute and record all cost charges from Customer to the plants
- Primary customer on-site contact for any product quality related issues
- Become main channel of communication between customer and This company
- Confirm failure mode of product using A-B-A process, whenever possible.
- If customer complain cannot be confirmed with suspect part, dispute customer complain to be removed from the company records.
- Headlamps manufacturing process
- Molding Area / Learn about common molding issues
- Training on inspection standards (Cosmetic specifications), repairs and reworks
- Control plan, FMEA review
- Review latest 6 months open-closed 8Ds
- Assembly area / Repair procedures and lamp troubleshooting
- FMEA and control plan review
- Bill of Material / Exploded View: With the correct component name/terminology and this company’ s part numbers.
- Line poka yoke and its functionality
- Assembly area testing procedures / AL Checker use and capabilities
- Schematic of Quality Checks - What every mark on the lamp represents? EOL marks and grease pencil marks (e.g. vent present)
- Cosmetic Specifications
- Customer Requirements – Fit and Finish (Gaps and Flush) and Appearance/Cosmetics
- Customer score card status
- Resident Engineer formats and procedures