Resident Engineer (Driving Assistance Research)
San Mateo, California
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for driven, creative, and technically savvy individuals to join the Driving Assistance Research team based in San Mateo, CA. You will be partially based at a local customer facility as well, representing a project to implement an active safety sensor into a target vehicle platform. This will involve interfacing with the customer’s various departments in systems, hardware, software, manufacturing, and program management. It will involve building a relationship with them to win follow on business.
As a Resident Engineer you bring
- A strong interest in and knowledge about how to put advanced driving assistance systems into vehicles
- Clear customer focus and an ability to understand their immediate needs and issues
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities in terms of testing ADAS systems and determining system issues
- Demonstrated collaboration with other teams across different métiers like R&D, production, logistics, sales.
- Working experience with communication automotive networks (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Flexray) and related tools
- Willingness to get hands on to take data from vehicles and solve issues around sensor integration
- Ability to clearly communicate on technical topics with non-technical colleagues and across levels in organization
- Experience authoring technical description documents and specifications
What would be nice?
- Experience in ADAS our autonomous driving applications, knowledge of how such systems are built
- Experience with flexray systems
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Experience with laser scanners and their principles of operation and limitations
- Experience in requirements analysis, design review process, functional safety, packaging of components, DFM, DFMEA/SFMEA
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/224931