Applies knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machineability and materials, and layout techniques in the set up and production of precision machined parts.
Business Development (cost estimating):
- Supports Business development and Proactive departments as listed in the active R&R’s
Ongoing Production support:
- Process / Product VSM ownership
- Engineering requests
- 3-D / problem solving
- Work flow design - router update
- Work flow design - capacity optimization
- Engineering Global data integrity
- PCN - rework/temporary (up to 3 Quality alerts)- initiate & manage
- PCN - Permanent - initiate and manage
- Continual improvement Implementation
- Grinding: set up, program, and operate internal and external grinding machines according to specifications. Mount and dress wheels, set machine controls to specified speed and feed rate, and angle of wheel.
- Lathes: set up, program, and operate CNC lathe machines to perform machine operations such as turning, facing, and threading parts such as castings, forgings, and bar stock.
- Milling: set up, operate, and program CNC milling machines to mill surfaces of workpiece according to specifications and tooling instructions.
- Measure workpiece for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and gages.
- May design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Validate production set up and facilitate first piece inspections of finished product.
- Develop corrective actions for identified issues as they arise in production. Work with Quality Engineers as they investigate and identify the root cause of concerns.
- Start, observe and listen to machine operation to detect malfunction such as work or damaged cutting tools and to adjust machine controls or control media as necessary.
- Change preset cutting tooling in posts, turret, indexer, or automatic tool change magazine according to specifications or process sheet. Change location of workpiece during machining process as specified in set up instructions.
- Oversee the chemical balance, maintenance and disposal of fluids including cutting solutions, solvents and lubricants. Conduct routine training on the proper utilization and environmental concerns of fluid maintenance and disposal.
- Requires walking, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time. May require lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
- May be required to perform any duties assigned or requested by the company for efficient operation.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possession of a high school diploma or successful completion of the General Educational Development Test is desired.
- Six months to one year relevant machining experience is required.
- Prior experience in a cnc manufacturing facility is desired.
- Ability to program with G & M codes is required.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blue prints.
- Must have a good understand of basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to inspect and identify defective parts.
- Must be able to recognize machine malfunctioning, adjust machine settings, and change tools.
- Must be knowledgeable in machine controls.
- Ability to perform at Level III Machinist and at least Level I Machinist on milling, turning and grinding equipment.
- Must be able to identify and have a working knowledge of various materials such as steel, brass, etc.
- Must be comfortable working with various shop equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gages, dial indicators, hand tools, collets, etc.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/185448