- BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
Lead the purchasing and supplier quality activities
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supplier selection. Quotes analysis.
- Develop short and long term cost reduction projects.
- Presentation of the projects in the MSC and VA/VE.
- New sourcing presentation in the Sourcing Committee.
- Consolidation and rationalization of the supplier panel.
- Revision and analysis of the family strategies with the Group Commodity Sourcing Managers.
- Issue purchase orders in the system. Control QCD supplier performance. Keep updated the purchasing system. Keep updated the PDS.
- Monthly analysis and report of the PPI.
- Feedback and coordination with the logistic Manager.
- Contract negotiations.
- Continuous communication with the suppliers. Give support and coaching to the family buyers. Establish and follow up the family buyers goals.
- Comply with the Purchasing, quality, security and environment standards procedures and instructions.
- File, control and maintain the documentation generated.
- All those activities generated as a result of changes, requirements and/or improvement in the process of the applicable area.
- Participate in the daily, weekly and monthly meeting of the department.
- Purchasing Director back up.
- Support Advance Purchasing and the strategy stablished by commodity group.
- Support CAPEX-OPEX and Follow strategy both corporate and regional.
To initiate and get a final negotiation with a supplier, to be confirmed and approved by the Purchasing Director and be in compliance with UDA.
Approve and sign contracts; schedule agreements and Purchase Order in SAP to be submitted to the Purchasing Director signature and final approval Replace the Purchasing Director during his absence.
To develop Commodities strategies along Regional commodity Mgr.
To develop the career evolution; annual appraisal interview and salary proposal of the purchasing buyers.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Degree in Engineering or Business. Master’ s degree desired
10+ years minimum in Purchasing and Supplier Quality
5+ years leading a team
- To know and apply the mission, vision and the company values.
- To know and comply with the objectives of the department.
- Principles of Lean manufacturing and its tools.
- Problem solving and analysis techniques.
- Communication and feedback ability.
- Negotiation techniques.
- Cost breakdown analysis.
- PAP procedure,
- Knowledge of computer packages (MS OFFI CE)
- Local and worldwide supplier market knowledge.
- Quality and environmental system
- Quality and environmental procedures and/or instructions of the area.
- Production process.