Responsible for performing mechanical repairs of all types of pumps and related equipment. Accurate tracking of hours and materials required to accomplish repairs. Provide high value customer service through efficient communication, and accurate failure analysis. Complete shop work in an efficient and timely manner, while maintaining productivity standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for disassembly, clean-up, inspection, evaluation, write-up, reassembly and testing of all types of pumps, blowers, vacuum pumps, electric motors, mechanical seals, gearboxes and related equipment.
- Operate and regularly maintain, clean, and organize the tools and equipment of the trade.
- Assist mechanics, machinists, or field technicians as necessary.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a timely manner and work in a manner consistent with safety of self and others at all times.
- Identify current and future pump repair tooling and equipment requirements.
- Make regular inspections of the work area, building, and equipment currently assigned.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Attend training sessions, in-service, and workshops for growth and self-improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must provide his/her own basic mechanic’s tools in a suitable tool box, and be familiar with their use and care.
- Must have basic understanding of the theory, construction, troubleshooting and repair of standard electric motors or be willing to gain such knowledge through training.
- Must have the skills necessary to use the various products, tools, and machinery required for high quality machinery repair, and for rigging of heavy equipment.
- Must have the skills and experience necessary to perform in-house and field repair on pumps, and related machinery. Much of the work is performed in the field in all types of weather.
- Must work in accordance with the principals and procedures outlined in the QPI manual.
- Ability to work in confined spaces is required.
- Shall be willing to work overtime hours should conditions arise. Overtime may be in the shop or in the field. Out of town stay may be required.
- Must be a quick learner, able to work well with others, and able to follow written/verbal direction.
- Must be proactive, confident, self-directed, and focused on customer service and project completion.
- Must be able to stay organized, work efficiently, and maintain productivity standards.
- Must have pleasant and courteous manner and be able to relate well to customers, vendors, and other employees using the building.
- Must be able to maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Must be willing to obtain a chauffeur’s driver’s license; DOT safety card.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/155583