Auburn Hills, Michigan
• Review and study customer specifications, engineering schematics and other data in order to determine the design procedures needed to generate and release digital and/or hardcopy printouts related to the engineering and manufacturing requirements.
• Review 2D and 3D drawings created using any CAD software (Catia, AutoCad, etc.) and the ability to convert them into other formats per internal and customer requirements.
• Gain full knowledge of the release systems and procedures, and release all the necessary detail drawings in digital and/or hardcopy formats per established requirements of the internal and external customers (for example release to purchasing for make/buy decision, input for controls design and engineering, and documents to support field installation and service personnel, direct digital transfers to customer systems)
• Aerospace specification and standard management: Maintain specification library, obtain latest revisions, Develop/Initiate/Support specification review process for new and current customers.
• Assist with Aerospace procedures, such as: development and maintenance, checklist development and audit support (external and internal).
• Obtain and/or download product, process and tool data from customers PDM/PLM/Database environment through portal access (eg. Exostar access) to the customer IT environment. This data acquisition may be required during the Estimating phase, project kick off phase and also during the life of the project as and when information is made available by the customer through notifications.
• Upload information and customer deliverables as directed by the Engineering/Design Managers, Project Managers, Design Leader, Process Leader and Simulation Leader at different phases of the project for completing customer requirements during the life of a project. Maintain a running log of all information uploaded and delivered to the customer so it can be used as evidence for completion of customer requirements for deliverables.
• Design and create a document management system to develop and maintain an Engineering Library of commonly used components, units and tools. This responsibility shall include the creation of a structured approach to plan, organize and maintain Mechanical Design and Engineering related information.
• Maintain the latest and most current information in the library by constantly reviewing the data and managing the input into the Library of new items. This includes input from Processing, Design and Simulation departments and also the information maintained in several different formats including in native CAD software and also any specific Processing and Simulation software.
• Develop an information process flow chart and maintain it to be current at all time so that it provides a consistent and true picture of Engineering Information flow throughout the life cycle of the project(s). This includes what is common within the Company and specific for each customer.
• Participate in the development of new PDM/PLM system to manage data and information within the Engineering Department. Use the knowledge of process flow of Engineering information to structure and define internal and external requirements for the design and implementation of a PDM/PLM system.
• Maintain the implementation of such PDM/PLM systems and be responsible for constant updates to the system based on the Software Vendor recommendations and the needs of the user base within the Company. Serve as PDM/PLM Systems Administrator to control the updates, consistency of data/information and also make it available and useful for the entire user base in the Company.
• Assume other accountabilities and duties as assigned by the Leadership. Has the authority and obligation to stop production in case unsafe working conditions are observed. Has the obligation to notify immediate supervisor and/or Senior Leadership/Management for Safety related matters requiring immediate attention
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized University is preferred. An Associate Degree/Engineering Diploma, preferably with a specialization in design and drafting, from a recognized Community College or equivalent experience as assessed by the Hiring Manager; is required.
• Specialized training with certifications where applicable from recognized training organizations, in the use of CAD systems and software, such as Catia,, AutoCAD
• 1 – 3 years of direct experience and demonstrated capabilities in working with and reviewing CAD data of 2D and 3D drawings of tools for the aerospace, automotive or heavy industry is required. Some knowledge of detailing by consistently using one or more of the above mentioned CAD systems for the design of manufacturing and assembly tooling.
• Familiarity and experience in planning, developing and maintaining a PDM/PLM system such as Vault, Enovia and/or TeamCenter is highly recommended.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment including following on tools and related information during the fabrication, build installation and commissioning phases of the project.
• Ability and willingness to travel to any of the customer and Company’s work locations in North America, Europe and Asia, as required by Management.
• Minimum level of travel will be expected for travel to Canada, especially Windsor, ON, where the Company’s headquarters and manufacturing facilities are situated.
• Must be willing to work extended hours, when necessary, including overtime, weekends and holidays and on night shift, as project and customer demands dictate.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with others, including peers and personnel in other departments.
• Eligibility for clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods and the American ITAR requirements.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/265298