Imlay City, Michigan
The Handpacker packs quality produce for a well-known produce company. Primarily packaging fresh cucumbers for spears and stacker brands. There is a technique and skill to this position that will allow you to earn bonus pay. In past seasons Handpackers have earned an average wage of over $15/hr.
The Handpacker assists in the production process working on the production line. The Handpacker is responsible for maintaining the expected level of production of finished product, in a safe manner, and maintaining the highest quality at all times.
The Handpacker will follow the process for doing each task as trained. Handpackers will receive direction from Supervisors, Production Leads, and Crew Leaders. The duties of the job are listed below.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to use calculator and perform basic math skills
- Ability to complete all paperwork properly, in a neat an orderly fashion, and to maintain those records
- Must work closely with QA Lab, production supervisors and Crewleaders
- Ability to learn to understand SPC checks as they relate to packing
- Ability to stand in one area constantly during each shift
- Ability to constantly turn from side-to-side during each shift
- Ability to push, pull, and reach constantly during each shift
- Ability to accurately place product in jars at a rapid and constant rate during each shift
- Must be able to recognize and establish priorities
- Understand and follow policies and procedures
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as; safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals
- Ability to maintain area in a neat and sanitary fashion
- Ability to work accurately and safely with equipment
- Must be available to work different shifts as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must ensure actions are consistent with and support plant safety goals and procedures
- Any manufacturing and production experience is preferred
- Other duties to be assigned
- HS Diploma / GED – preferred