Panel Shop Manager
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Production Panel Wiring. Supervise the activities of the Day Shift Shop Leaders and the Night Shift Foreman (when applicable). Responsible for seeing that we maintain Safe and Clean environment in the Shop at all times.
Performs related duties as required by company QOS Policies, Procedures and Instructions.
- Schedules and coordinates training for shop so that all department employees fully understand and are compliant with company QOS Policies, Procedures and Instructions. Updating as required for continuous improvement.
- Set an example for shop employees concerning: following orders from the management of the company, work ethic, quality of work, attendance, positive attitude, and ability to get along with other employees.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Know the company Wiring Standards and monitor wiring practices. Take responsibility for the quality of the work done by all the shop employees. See that all Quality Procedures are followed and written Quality Reports are complete.
- Should know UL wiring requirements.
- Familiar with Automotive Standards.
- Take responsibility for the productivity of all Shop employees to see that our jobs are completed within our estimated hours; and to see that each employee performs at the level required for his or her classification.
- Is responsible for making available the manpower required by each Shop Leader to meet the dates on the production schedule; to decide the " scheduled working hours" for the shop and to post these hours as required. Will make recommendations to hire or layoff employees as dictated by the Production Schedule, and to carry out those recommendations when approved by management.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring new Shop employees as directed by management.
- Arrange for Temporary employees when required to meet the production schedule and after approval by management. This includes interviewing prospective Temporary Employees, selecting those to work in our Shop, and taking care of any forms required. Must see that their " Hours Worked" are documented on a the company " Time Card" and " Time Sheet" and also sent to the company that provides the temporary manpower.
- Maintain the Production Schedule, by providing status information and " Estimated Hours to Complete". Must be responsible that the Shop meets the completion/shipping dates contained in the schedule, to meet our customer' s requirements.
- Attend weekly production meeting and provide status information for each job in progress. See that a detailed weekly plan is worked with the Shop Leaders for their assigned area at the end of every week (for the following week). Determine when a Daily Plan or a Daily Report is required and request them.
- Is responsible that all shop employees comply with all company rules. Carryout the requirements of those rules regarding Written Warning, Disciplinary direction, and Termination.
- Is responsible for operation of the shop according to all the company requirements. Address any problems directly with the shop employee.
- Complete and submit to the Payroll Department a Pay Change Slip for all changes in classification, for time in classification " Pay Increases" as required for Medical Leave of Absence, for Resignations, and for Terminations.
- Responsible for regular evaluation of the performance of each employee and to prepare (at least once per year) a formal written evaluation of shop employees. Recommend employees for promotion or demotion, based on their performance and the recommendation of the leaders.
- Assist with Build Only estimates with customers and the company.
- Coordinate with the Estimating Department for labor calculations on Build jobs.
- Coordinate with Engineering Department as required for engineering revisions.
- Provide As-Built feedback to Engineering Department to improve 1st pass quality in manufacturing.
- Manage Build Only jobs and coordinate with customer for any contract additions.
- Manage UL inspections and coordinate shop procedure revisions when required.
- Manage the AIS Build area along with coordinating a timely review of AIS stations returned through the RMA process.