PE II - Controls & Electronics
The Controls & Electronics team executes functional integration & optimization of the powertrain software & control systems into the overall vehicle platform. The group is responsible for the overall control system operation. Detailed responsibilities include: Engine, Transmission, Driveline, Hybrid, and Aftertreatment Functional Requirements definition for overall powertrain, hybrid system performance, efficiency, serviceability and reliability of repeatable performance.
The specific roles of a Project Engineer II in this effort include:
- Plans and performs Controls Software Development and other relevant engineering project work within the project team as required.
- Plans and manages engineering resources according to project requirements.
- Works on specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, preparation of specifications, technical plans, engine testing, data analysis and validation.
- Supports/ensures data quality and writes technical project reports.
- Reviews project for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical development, scheduling, and resolving engineering test issues.
- Plans and executes engine performance and emissions research and development activities.
- Supports, organizes, and leads customer meetings.
- Other duties as required to insure project success
A Project Engineer II is expected to have demonstrated performance abilities in the following areas:
- Quote Leader for a small size program
- Support the Business Development process for specific clients
- Efficient on time delivery of program expectations with consistently high feedback
- Identify and support opportunities for technology development, process improvements, tool development, and knowledge capture and re-use.
- Published at least 1 paper accepted by a professional organization or 1 patent awarded
- Familiarity with regulatory and market segment requirements and end-user expectations
- Independent functionality in at least two of the following areas:
- Base Engine Control
- Transmission Control
- After-Treatment Control
- Hybrid Powertrain Control
- On Board Diagnostics Control
- Powertrain Controls Software Development Tools & Methods
- Leadership or member of small to medium size technical teams
- Working effectively with customers and other program staff and team members
- Accountability for individual and team delivery
- Program and resource coordination
- Active pursuit of personal and departmental improvement
- Effective communication with all levels of the program team
- Experience and Education
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in area of expertise
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field required