Verify that the structural integrity of hardened steel materials and welded materials meet or exceed the customer specification through cut, etch, pickling, microscopic measurement, tensile, destruct, bend and intrusion testing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies.
- Understand and follow all required ASTM standards.
- Understanding and adherence to specific customer standards.
- Micro-cut (wet saw) samples according to customer specifications.
- Etch samples according to customer specifications.
- Mount, grind and polish micro-samples to customer and ASTM specifications.
- Tensile testing and bend (compression) analysis using lnstron test equipment and Bluehill software.
- Micro hardness measurement using Struers Durascan 80 equipment and software.
- Surface hardness measurement using Rockwell tester.
- Microstructure interpretation and measurement using Infinity 1 software.
- Knowledge of chemical usage and safety, most notably sulfuric acid and nitric acid.
- Create measurement reports and presentations in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Report to management level and Quality Engineers non-conforming material via written reports.
- Knowledge of locations in plant, most notably inventory of finished parts.
- Operate plasma arc cutting machine.
- Maintain the gage calibration system for the Met Lab/ Hot Stamp area using GageTrak Software.
- Ensure that testing and measuring equipment is maintained and in proper calibration.
- May participate on Safety Committee and work groups.
- Performs all work in accordance with OSHA standards and company policies and procedures.
- May assist with safety audits and report to management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years quality experience, weld analysis experience, or COT certification through ASQ. Background in Metallurgy a plus
- Production experience recommended.
- Background in automotive industry a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Follow standardized work instructions.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of the AIAG Core Tools (PPAP, SPC, APQP, FMEA, MSA).
- Fork Truck Permit.
- Proficient in Bluehill 3, Scentis, and ecos WorkFlow software or equivalents
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Operation of laser-cutting equipment such as Prima.
- Operation of plasma arc cutting equipment.
- Operate various basic shop equipment such as bench/handheld grinders, cutters, etc.
- Ability to correctly use various basic hand tools.
- Critical thinking.
- Analytical skills.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/185441