Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree (B. A.) in Engineering or closely related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ working as a Manufacturing Engineering in processing development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for a manufacturing supplier preferably automotive.
- Minimum five years’ experience supervising employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Training in Lean Manufacturing Methods
- Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Coordination of Manufacturing Engineering activities after product has launched for the plant assigned.
- Researches and formulates new manufacturing & quality improvement projects that involve improved methods, standards, tools, practice
- Communicates with company personnel and suppliers / vendors to resolve project /quality / customer issues, timing plans, equipment design and delivery strategies, project launch timing and details, engineering changes, etc.
- Reviews and analyses proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible application justify expenditures. Submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds. Conducts experiments and studies utilizing technology proposals to generate factual data on technology / process capabilities to support proposals.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports in order to inform management of current status of projects
- Initiates, manages and follows cost reduction projects to reduce manufacturing cost and the cost and consumption of consumables
- Interfaces with production to coordinate / resolve daily problem issues, needed improvements and future plans for manufacturing
- Ensure robustness of manufacturing data, routings, BOM, etc.