Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift
This position is responsible for the leadership and guidance of the maintenance technicians as assigned. The Maintenance Supervisor will direct all maintenance activities for his respective area with a clear goal of continuously improving uptime, OEE, PM completion, and customer service. Clear communications with the Production and Quality departments, the Maintenance Manager, and Maintenance Technicians is an essential function of this job and will be key in the success of not only the department but the entire organization.
- Acts in direct supervision of the Maintenance Technicians.
- Serves as the technical leader, developing and enforcing standard work for Maintenance.
- Responsible for coordinating all corrective and preventive maintenance activity for the assigned area including both internal and external resources.
- Communicate clearly and frequently with production and quality departments on equipment issues and anticipated corrective actions to include timing.
- Plans maintenance activity for all shifts and effectively communicates this information to the off-shift lead technicians and Maintenance Manager.
- Provides performance counseling to technicians and provides feedback to the Maintenance Manager.
- Work with and inspect the work of the maintenance technicians ensuring best practices are being applied.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the area assigned including but not limited to: Uptime, OEE, employee development, PM, spare parts, engineering changes, 5S.
- Creates documentation for operators and maintenance personnel to follow in operating or working on equipment.
- Effectively uses computer and/or paper based preventative maintenance systems.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines and assists purchasing with follow up as needed.
- Assess technical skills of maintenance technicians and identify appropriate training needs.
- Participates and provides input in the interviewing and selection of maintenance technicians.
- Participates in the planning and installation of equipment.
- Adhere to Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies.
- Understand and follow all required GPS standards.
- Any task deemed necessary by Management.
Associate' s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Moderate experience in a combination of mechanical, electrical and hydraulics with in-depth experience in at least one discipline.