MRP Planner 1
Helps inventory minimize the cost of acquiring and carrying items, helps ensure optimization of purchasing-inventory-plant utilization chain and avoids duplicate purchases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs duties with some supervision and help, following established procedures and deadlines.
- Follow-Up with Suppliers to assure orders were received from purchasing.
- Run open order report and follow up with purchasing to assure items are ordered.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with suppliers, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Be qualified to operate necessary customer systems to perform job functions (i.e. SAP, and Maximo). Training provided by customer.
- Communicate delivery status of out-of-stock and back order items.
- Work with plant to assure Min/Max levels are maintained at the proper levels.
- Facilitates any payment issues between suppliers and purchasing.
- Helps Site Manager with reporting form SAP to customer.
- Maintains procurement records.
- Supplier communication for product delivery and product updates.
- Help Inventory ensure that the right items are at the right place at the right time.
- Other tasks/duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret operating and planning documents, purchasing forms, requisitions, safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems with direction from supervisor or team mate.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Associates degree or equivalent training in specialized area with a minimum 3 to 6 years of progressive work related experience.
- Client interface skills, knowledge of manufacturing, purchasing, materials and inventory management and general stores required.
- Must have knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows XP.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/185446