Supports and troubleshoots all Lasers. Knowledge of hands on repair to ensure timely and accurate resolution to laser department technical needs. Position will provide expert laser support for the laser department to minimize production downtime.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily machine startup and shutdown procedures on CNC Laser cutting equipment.
- Offline laser programming using Cenit FasTrim.
- 5 Axis Trumpf Laser, Prima experience required ABB and IPG is a plus.
- Maintain daily Performance Maintenance and associated logbook in assigned area and report equipment deficiencies.
- Use corporate SAP to document key work activities (e.g. PM, Corrective action information) to ensure information
- is available for future use.
- Perform complex set-ups, optimize machine parameters and inputs.
- Capable of altering simple CNC programs, or adjusting code to work around material obstacles.
- Experience with CNC control systems and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics, and mechanical drawings.
- Proficient with the use of hand tools, power tools, and electrical measuring instruments.
- Maintain automated laser fixturing.
- Ensure production schedule follow through as allocated by the production scheduling department.
- Load and unload other machines when production requires additional work force to maintain throughput.
- Perform SMED (Single Minute Exchange Dies) set-up reduction.
- Perform maintenance of laser cutting equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and
- manufactures machine recommendations.
- Perform all machine alignment procedures for CNC YAG and co2 Lasers optics cleaning.
- Modify Laser cutting condition as required to keep equipment at peak operating performance.
- Ability to work independently
- Help with training of new hires on machine functions and shop processes.
- Monitor multiple machines simultaneously, if required.
- Mentors other associates through on-the-job training, sharing of product and process knowledge and providing
- them with available tools that foster development of short-term capabilities
- Adhere to Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies.
- Understand and follow all required GPS standards.
- Any task deemed necessary by Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Performs all work in accordance with OSHA and MlOSHA standards and company policies and procedures. May participate on Safety Committee and work groups. May assist with safety audits and reports to management.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/185442