Driving Assistant Research Software Engineer
San Bruno, California
Job Description: Driving Assistant Research Software Engineer
Who are we?
Our team works on autonomous vehicle technology and future ADAS concepts. Using our existing sensor products as a basis we develop autonomous driving applications on test vehicles for internal and customer use. We discover new technologies, establish relationships with potential partners and customers, develop in-vehicle prototypes, and engineer the future!
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for driven, creative, and technically savvy individuals to join the Driving Assistance Research team
As a Software Engineer you bring:
- Demonstrated collaboration with other teams across different stages of software development especially in Agile methodology
- Strong skill level developing software in C++
- Good understanding of software development process including specifications, design, unit test and validation
- Comfortable with all standard development tools such as versioning tools (SVN, Git…) and built process & validation automation tools (Jenkins)
- Good understanding of embedded constraints such as memory footprint and runtime
- Working experience with communication technologies such as TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, and automotive networks (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, Flexray)
- Ability to learn SDKs and develop on proprietary and open platforms
- Prototyping UIs using Qt/QML
- Ability to quickly prototype applications for ad-hoc concepts
- Ability to clearly communicate on technical topics with non-technical colleagues and across levels in organization
- Experience authoring technical description documents and specifications
- Curiosity to learn new skills and also to find solutions to complex problems
- Experience contributing to overall department through design reviews, peer code reviews, and status reports
What would be nice?
- Experience in ADAS our autonomous driving applications, knowledge of how such systems are built
- Someone who doesn’t mind getting hands on with vehicle during testing to see and fully understand issues as they happen
- Valid driver’s license
- Related coursework such as through Coursera or Udacity
What’s in it for you?
- Work on autonomous vehicles, improving their function
- Learning about our broad ADAS sensor portfolio and related functionalities
- Opportunity to collaborate with startups, strategic partners, and/or vehicle manufacturers developing cutting edge projects
- Showcase projects in demo vehicles to leadership, at major technology and motor show events, and to customers.
- Potential of concepts making it into production as a product or service offering to vehicle manufacturers
- Possibility to propose patents for your innovative solutions
- Collaborate with a talented global team including through domestic and international travel (5%)
- Work in a fun startup environment within an established organization
- Family benefits, 401k, educational assistance, and more!
- Multi-cultural and outstanding team!
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/194963