Supports Maintenance, Operations, and Quality as die setter for presses and part production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Health & Safety of self and Subordinates including outside contractors and/or support personnel.
- Perform daily checklist on cranes and operate and pre-inspect straps and slings before use.
- Daily clean dies, bolster plates, etc.
- Align pins in bolster and ensure bolts are tight and fastened.
- Keep die storage area organized and clean when pulling or placing dies in storage area.
- Prepare dies for production by setting, bolting, centering and securely fasten dies to bolster.
- Tag dies for repair and move to die repair area.
- Do safety check on all equipment and light curtains when performing duties.
- Technical support, troubleshooting, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Improve overall safety and efficiency related issues by taking a pro-active lead in the Continuous Improvement Activities.
- As part of the press team, the die setter is expected to take an active role in housekeeping of the work area.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary or appropriate
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED required with technical schooling preferred.
- At least 1-year job related experience.
- Can demonstrate work experience, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Forklift and Crane Certified.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/185443