Objective of the Position: This position meets customer demands by producing professional CAD documents.
Essential Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Create and check 3D parametric models, 3D assemblies, and 2D drawings based on customer and engineering specifications Evaluate design ideas based on factors such as appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, application, budget, price, production costs, methods of production, packaging, and client specifications
- Use of PDM (product data management)
- Ability to use CAD analysis tools / CAD templates
- Continuous improvement of one’ s own knowledge to current standards (ex. Manufacturing Standards, tolerance stack-up analysis, etc.)
- Internal program support and external supplier support
- Meet with Engineers and Customers
Secondary Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Conduct all business related activities for, and on the behalf of, the company within the limits of applicable local, state, and federal legal requirements.
- Provide support to, and compliance with, all local and corporate company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and other HSE related requirements.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows all ENA polices related to TS16949 and ISO 14001; looks for way to improve and promote quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Associate’ s degree in drafting, engineering/automotive technology or certified training using relevant CAD 3D modelling software.
- Minimum two years’ experience using CATIA or NX for 2D drawings and 3D modeling.
- Familiarity with product data management (Cim-data base Preferred).
- Good understanding of GD&T skills.
- Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and operations, including calculations, percentages, statistical analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals in exhaust systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos, and write simple correspondence.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement of products for manufacturability.
- Strives to continuously improve expertise, knowledge and skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks smoothly in situations containing a moderate to high level of stress.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- The ability to follow-up on projects and ensure all items are completed on time with all necessary data required and supporting documentation.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization' s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to be self-motivated and to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, supplier, coworkers and management.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to work as a Team Member towards overall company objectives. Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate and present proper information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Customer Service – Ability to manage difficult customers Responds promptly to their needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Initiative- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets other’ s attention.
- Interpersonal skills-Focuses on solving conflict.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions based on gathered facts; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process, Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Motivation- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with dignity, respect and consideration.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- This position involves working in an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Occasionally exposed to mechanical hazards, fumes, and irritants when visiting the plants or Prototype shop.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.