Farmington Hills, Michigan
Objective of the Position: This position supervises a design staff to include: leading and checking work, managing time cards and overseeing the creation of finished engineering models and drawings for new and existing programs.
Essential Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Works with Product Engineering to produce 2D & 3D models of parts, assemblies and installation drawings for system or sub-system designs that are transferable throughout the organization and coordinates work from Engineers to Designers (40%)
- Meeting timelines for all customers (20%)
- Ensuring all Company standards are met
- Arranging and participating in customer meetings
- Provide training for CAD software
- Works with product engineering, manufacturing, prototyping and testing to ensure designs meet engineering form and function intent
- Performs calculations and analyses relating to problem assessment, design, and/or performance verification
- Develop feasible concepts from engineering direction
- Makes decisions regarding what jobs are momentarily stopped to help timing on other jobs
- Manage time to meet demands from multiple customers
- Assign workload to team members based on individual strengths and weaknesses
Secondary Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Conduct all business related activities for, and on the behalf of, Company within the limits of applicable local, state, and federal legal requirements.
- Provide support to, and compliance with, all local and corporate Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and other HSE related requirements.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows all Company polices related to TS16949 and ISO 14001; looks for way to improve and promote quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Associate’s degree in drafting, engineering or automotive technology, four year degree preferred
- Minimum ten years’ experience using CATIA or UGNX for 2D drawings and 3D modeling
- Minimum two years’ experience supervising employees
- Familiarity with product data management (Cim-DataBase) systems.
- Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
- Project Management experience, proficiently in tolerance analysis, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) and parametric design is required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Supervise employees, Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of dept. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/6829