Farmington Hills, Michigan
Position: CAE Engineer
Purpose of the Job
The major job of CAE engineer is CFD/HVAC/Thermal analysis, he or she will support and guide product structural design through simulation experience with OEM in automotive.
- Lead CAE analysis works and coordinate outsource CAE supplier in development of project.
- Build CAE report according to customer requirement, present qualified report to customer.
- Build and develop CAE models for air outlet, air duct, charge air ducts, etc. and make system simulation.
- Interacts with product engineering team to identify potential CAE issues, to conduct root cause analysis, and to provide technical proposals and solutions to resolve engineering problem.
- Support physical sample testing equipment construction based on CAE principle, keep sample testing method same as CAE analysis.
- Make internal training and build CAE team.
- Develop innovative concept based on creative simulation.
- Responsible for documentation and review of component CAE analysis specification, analysis guides & templates.
- Capitalize experience from the CAE analysis project through lessons learned process.
- Report to Design Manager at NA Office.
- MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Thermal Engineering, or Aerospace Engineer.
- 8+ years’ experience in CFD/HVAC/thermal management system simulation with OEM in automotive. Experience in air outlet, air duct, charge air cooler ducts development.
- 5+ years’ experience in using Star-CCM+ software package for automotive system and vehicles. Star-CCM+ is Must.
- Experience in local automotive OEM (GM, Ford, FCA) is a plus.
- Experience in using Abaqus and HyperWorks suite on structural simulation (FEA) is a plus.
- Team player with communication and coordination skills, executive ability.
- Excellent English language skill – both written and oral.