Application/Sales Engineer - Interior Lighting
Interior Lighting Application/Sales Engineer
Is the link between US customers’ R&D teams and Company teams (R&D, projects, plants) for Interior Lighting developments
- Ensures physical presence in customers’ R&D facilities and create intimacy
- Plays an active role in promoting our technologies, products, and Company position at customers
- Is able to handle cross functional discussion at customer level (discussions that can include R&D, product, lmarket, commercial points). This means answering directly or bringing in necessary network function support.
- Collects, understands an discusses customers’ needs, constraints and wishes
- Engages in hunting and prospecting for new order intake opportunity, and engages the sales network for these opportunities
- Analyses requirements & specifications to extract performance & functional criteria to be complied with.
- Is a problem solver for customers’ issues
- Exchanges 3D and 2D models between customers and Company
- Presents samples, prototypes and takes part to lighting evaluations and testing events
- Works in close link with the Company Sales team, the R&D development centers worldwide
- (Bobigny, Belgium, China, Ichikoh Isehara) and with all concerned plants worldwide
Training and Profile:
- 2 or 3 years’ experience minimum in R&D or Applications Engineering in automotive industry. More than 2-3 years is desired.
- Direct experience in R&D, project / program management, or sales with a Tier I interior lighting supplier is preferred.
- Good command of CAD softwares (CATIA V5 = Company standard, other appreciated: UG, NX, etc.)
- Experience in lighting, plastic injection, electronics, interior trim
- English native speaker (French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese are an asset)